It’s been a little while since we properly updated you all on how things are going at zenAud.io. As a company this year has been great so far, and with the release of the Windows versions of ALK2 and Solo we’ve been elated to see the user-base grow and to watch the community of new ALK users taking the app on stage and sharing performance videos.
That said, the last 12 months have not been without issues and we’d like to address this now in an open and transparent way. We’re aware of many of the problems some users are facing, most commonly that the app does not open on some Windows machines and also that there are some current issues with stability. This, coupled with the recent departure of one of our full-time developers, has significantly slowed overall development and bug fixing in the app.
What we’d like to make clear from the get-go is that we are certainly not winding down our operation. If anything, we are deciding to actively ramp up! We are now actively looking for a new developer to join the team. Do you know C++ and have an interest in audio software? Then you can find the application information below. We envision zenAud.io ALK as a fully featured live looping ecosystem complete with all the bells and whistles associated with most common DAWs and a number of other special features. We’d like the apologise for some of the troubles many of you have been facing within the app and we know it’s been frustrating to continually wait on these promises. I’d like to make clear that we are on the case and looking looking to drastically change this situation over the coming months.
We hope that you’re on board with us.
Product Specialist, zenAud.io
Work for zenAud.io!
At zenAud.io GmbH, we love live looping. But loopers are hard to use in concerts: they’re totally manual, meaning you have to pay attention to playing your part and operating the looper. This means they’re risky, and for live performances, risky is bad – very bad.
The solution to this is zenAud.io ALK, which completely reinvents live looping. By making use of the information that already exists in your song’s arrangement, we remove all of the difficulty - and risk - in live looping. And that’s just the start: zenAud.io ALK is a DAW conceived purely for live use. We’ve looked at every feature - from auditioning to automation to mixing - always keeping in mind the needs of the performing and rehearsing musician.
We’re looking to expand our dev team as we gear up to a major update of ALK; in particular, we are looking for JUCE/C++ audio devs to work at zenAud.io.
* Are passionate about hacking in general, and C++ – modern C++ – in particular
* Take responsibility for your actions and are a good communicator
* Are a musician or a DJ
* Are based in Berlin, Germany or can work remote.
* Can speak English
* You have or are obtaining a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics
* You have a proven interest in coding in C++
* You have experience in scripting languages such as Python or JS
* You should have at least some knowledge and experience with audio development
* Full or part time job
* The opportunity to contribute to a state-of-the-art DAW
* The chance to work on a modern codebase, using C++17, JUCE, and Cocoa
* A dynamic, flat, and meritocratic working environment. If you’re good, you will succeed – no politics, no BS
Please send your application and earliest possible start date to email@example.com.