Free version of ALK2

Hi everyone, as promised, here’s the untethered version of ALK2. In fact, I simply disabled anything to do with licensing. In other words, ALK2 is now free (as in beer).

Currently, I have only built the installer for Windows. Hopefully I won’t have to jump through too many new MacOS hoops to get that version up and working.

Note: on mac, I had to run the following command to prevent an error message stating that the app is “Damaged”:

xattr -cr /Applications/zenAud.io\ ALK2.app/

(You need to do that from a terminal. Ping me if unsure.)

Enjoy

2 Likes

Thanks! This is great news. Any luck on a company buying it or taking it over?? ::cough:: ableton ::cough::

Your software as is will be used on a project i’m working on. Are you at all interested in user’s keeping you posted with what they’re doing w your software? If so, what would be the best way to do so?

Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks for this version. Sadly I get this error.

Your processor unfortunately does not support AVX optimizations. Please click OK to download the installer with disabled processor optimizations.

I have a fairly (very) old Windows 10 PC x64 based PC with processor
Intel® Core(TM2) Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Will you be able to release an installer with disabled processor optimizations?

All the best
Mark

Oops, sorry about that Mark. I’m creating a new version now.

No, sadly no offers :frowning:

As for the project you’re working on, yeah I’d definitely be interested in hearing what users are doing with the app! I think this forum is an ok place for that to occur… or do you disagree?

Can you try it again, Mark? I uploaded a new version to the same URL.

Wow! Thanks so much!! Any chance of releasing the Mac version as well?

I’m trying to compile it right now… let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

Sounds good! Wasn’t sure what the plans were about keeping the site up.

Really nice man !

Didn’t you consider to sell it (the code)?

@seertaak Thanks, Martin. You were true to your word.
I’m sure plenty of people will be happy to explore ALK2 for free!

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Thanks for the new download. It did offer the disabled processor optimizations which I downloaded and after uninstalling the previous version, installed successfully.
It might be the age of my PC but I can’t run ALK2 after the successful install. To be fair I had a problem running the licenced program as well. I mainly use ALK2 on an old MacBook Pro which works like a dream.
I can see zenAud.io ALK2.exe in the Win10 Resource Monitor but it gets suspended and then terminated.
I’ll understand if my PC is too old to run ALK2, but I am happy to provide any information that may help if it can run on my system.

On trying to open ALK2, in the event viewer log, I first get Event 1000, Application Error
Faulting application name: zenAud.io ALK2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fff6d5c
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x2210
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e9ffe89dc55a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\zenAud.io ALK2\zenAud.io ALK2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 087bdaad-1b82-4bdb-b856-c8aeada53eb4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is followed by event 1001
Fault bucket 1804857159546926458, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: zenAud.io ALK2.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 5fff6d5c
P4: StackHash_ac46
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_F7_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009D244
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000000008
P10:

All the best
Mark

Hi Mark, sorry to hear you’re having issues on Windows. Did you see that I provided a link for MacOS too, now? You may want to give that a spin if you’ve got a Mac laptop.

I know Dan Grahelsh had set something up to look at coredump files from windows, but I’ll be honest, I can’t remember how it’s done. It’s late now in Berlin, so I’m going to sign off, and no guarantees that I’ll have time to take a look at this… but I’ll see what I can do in the balance of the week.

Kind regards

One last thing I should mention. I think some users were having problems with OpenGL 4.5 drivers. FYI, I’m pretty sure I fixed that. Let me know if you still have problems with graphics.

I just did. Let me know if you have issues. I had the xattr thing… hopefully that will work for you.

And you’re welcome, it’s the least I can do :slight_smile:

That’s so generous!

Let me know if you ever decide to go Open Source.

Amazing! I look forward to playing with it this weekend. Thanks so much for your generosity!

Thanks for free version. Unfortunately I don’t know the key.
I checked email and message and can’t find that.
Please help me

seertaak wrote: > No, sadly no offers :frowning:

Hmm, I created the possibility for you to talk to Woody /CEO from Tracktion Software Corporation. He told me you missed the meeting. They are interested in general.

Would you ever consider open sourcing the application for novice C++ audio programmers? Or perhaps sell the code bundle?

I think the best thing you could ever do for the audio community here is to pass on the knowledge. That would be really nice actually because it’s hard enough to find proper information for audio software development.

With that being said, ZenAudio could live on as an open source application and would be a great way for people to learn audio programming.