MIDI looping lose first note

Hi guys
I’m having problems when I try to loop MIDI that begins right on the beginning of a measure.
A tried to use quantize, but continue to lose the first note when it loops… Any tips?

Using quantize the note appears in the loop but this first long note just sound as a staccato:

I had a similar problem. Here’s the correspondence with Zen. (The screen shots don’t seem to appear.)

The workaround is to make a tiny gap between the record loop and playback loop and then the subsequent loops are drawn as single loops of the same length

Seems like a bug we are aware of. It is to do with position jumps and now they affect record loops. I can tell you a workaround which will help until we fix this issue:

This is the normal arrangement but unfortunately this issue causes the record loop to reset and empty when the position changes with the command track:

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 14.01.21.jpg

The workaround is to make a tiny gap between the record loop and playback loop and then the subsequent loops are drawn as single loops of the same length:

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 14.04.17.jpg

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 14.04.57.jpg

I realise this is not ideal but this should fix the issue you’re dealing with for now. Let me know how you get on.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 3:00 AM Jukka Mantynen <jukka@tpg.com.au> wrote:

Robin

In one file I’ve set up, the rhythm guitar track won’t loop when I set up another track (the Lead Guitar track) to begin its loop at the end of the rhythm guitar track loop. If I move the lead guitar track and the command track a few bars later, it works fine. The bass guitar loop always works fine, but I’ve set that up so the recording part ends 4 bars before the rhythm guitar part comes in. So what I get is the drum tracks and the bass guitar working fine, but I lose my (rhythm) guitar part. It’s not the end of the world, but it seems inconsistent with how it generally works in other files. When Iplay the file back, the rhythm guitar part is silent.

I deleted the guitar track and set it up again, but the problem persists.

(Sometimes loops don’t seem to behave because it seems like the play loop doesn’t really snap in place beautifully.)

Here’s a screen shot. The file’s too big to send even when I zip it. My drop box croaked it when I bought new computers so I can’t get it to you that way either.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 11.59.10 am.png

Thanks, Jukka! I’ll try the tiny gap!

I haven’t used midi, only audio, but I’m having this same problem with the metronome track.

Yes I have seen this problem. Will try the work around next time I need it.