No Audio Bug
I have a bug that occurs rather often. When i'm working in the DAW (not playing/recording) it happens that some tracks have no audio output (even imported .wav files or playbacks from a locked loop). As soon as i restart ALK, they have audio again. I haven't been able to pinpoint why or when exactly it happens.
Some other bugs i ran into:
- When i cut of the end of an imported audio-block, it shortens the block and everything works fine. When i cut off the start of the same block, the block sends no audio out.
- Creating/editing a block on a midi track deletes all CC/PGM commands i set on that track
- Audio frags occur on auditioning (without looping) (i was at a gig and i did a couple of spontaneous songs, so i paused ALK and set the Guitar and the Lead Vocal track on auditioning. There where some weird audio frags that occured after 20' and then again after around 30')
- Copy/Paste from one Session to another can cause problems (session corrupted / can't open it anymore)
- Up until now, i never had any problems with the DAW when playing live :))) BUT, i have a lot of problems when i'm editing (i have to restart at least 2x per hour to fix bugs and it crashes from time to time)
- It should be possible to export audio tracks as one file (not only single loops). I wanna Mix my tracks in another DAW or send them to a Mixing Engineer who doesn't have ALK.
- I like the UI, it's super easy to understand It would be great to create Folders and give them custom colors in a future release
- The panic function is great! But currently there is no convenient way for me to tell wether i've already set reference clips or not. Would be nice to see that directly in the UI.
About my setup:
My current Session is 2.8 GB and has around 40-50 tracks (Kick, Snare, Percussion, Bass, Synth Bass, Guitars 1-8, Vocals 1-3, Synth, Backing Tracks etc etc. ). I work with a Behringer XAIR-18 which is my interface, mixing desk and IEM source at the same time.
Have you found a new developer yet? Really waiting for that update 🏻
Thank you so much!