Which Macbook and Hello ;)

HIHO …

First, a friendly hello from my side. I am totally new to ALK2 but have the trial version on my iMac at the moment and start to love it.

I use hardware loopers live a lot but really can imagine using this in the future. Problem is that I have an iMac at home and an iPad Pro for on the fly. So I will need an Macbook.

I have no clue about computers and not much money at the moment so I would prefer to not waste money if to necessary.

My user profile will be something like this.

Looping of:

• Vocals
  • Drum computer (Roland Octapad)
  • Guitars
  • Bass
  • Keys
  • Percussion

and so on. So no Virtual instruments and I think o will not use to much of Plugins. Mostly everything is real Audio.

What do you think will be the “at least” needed specs for an Macbook to run this SAFE when I use it live?

Thank a lot for you help
And toward ZenAudio please go on with this software. It is like a dream come true but as everyone knows, needs a bit more work here and there :wink:
But its wonderful!

I use a Macbook Pro from 2012 with 8 GB RAM and have no problems using ALK.

AND I use plugins…

All the best

1 Like

Ah … Very valuable advice …

Thank you very much! This seem like luck for me :wink:

Best Regards

@mfkne

don’t know what do you need in term of processing, but a 2012 Macbook Pro (i7 dual core 2.9, 16 Gb RAM, SSD) is not enough to do a proper live, especially with some Kontakt instruments and a session of Toontrack Superior drummer. Glitches and freezing often accuse during a performance. ALK is still too CPU hungry, when you compare with a Logic session. It needs a huge improvement for me. Still in progress, hope to see an update soon. ALK is exactly what I need, but I am still waiting to improve my my skills on it.