Workarounds for missing playlist feature?

I know there is another thread on this (Hi guys. Still no playlist?) which I did try to follow exactly albeit being very cumbersome.

Now I’m still stuck with an unusable setup because ALK2 crashes when importing files (looks like I maxed out some limits) and keeps EVERYTHING in RAM memory. So even if it would not crash, I would need a 32 GB RAM for playing a one hour live show …

So before I give up on ALK2 I want to pursue any possible workaround to create some sort of playlist tool which loads ALK2 files (one per song which seem to be quick enough?!) even if it requires coding some script tool …

Any ideas?? I tried the following …

• ALK2 loads files when dragged and dropped into the application … yet that requires the mouse and I need the setup MIDI controllable …

• ALK2 does NOT respond to command line arguments (???) which would have given a quick way of loading files using batch command …

• Automating key strokes with some external tool ends when the “file open” dialog waits for the file selection …

Hey man i have a 1.5h Setup with ALK and no problems at all. My Session has around 3’000 bars and a lot of imported tracks. Are you sure the problem are the imported tracks? Maybe you have to much workload on your session anyway? Are you using a lot of plugins? Have you made buses for FX so you don’t have to use them twice? etc…

Hi! Yes I’m positive that this originates from importing the WAV files (see thread here: ALK2 crashes after importing 64 WAV files into project) because it all worked until I hit a limit and nothing worked anymore. I assume the total length of the audio tracks is just adding up too much and since it’s all loaded into RAM and apparently not streamed from disk I’m no trying to use one ALK project per song …

Currently I’m working on a playlist feature using BOME MIDI translator. I think I got the basic functionality sorted out (loading projects, starting playback, closing project), but need to give this some more testing.

BTW, not using any VSTs. Just 44.1kHz WAV files and some MIDI triggers for external gear …

ok too bad! Why not mix stems together, and just import them as one .wav?